1. there is so much potential upside to the stock and for the company. It’s still the #1 (2008) web property in the world and lots of new projects and direction changes only can mean good things in the future
2. there is so much to do, for someone who can take the initiative, he can still make a lot of contributions.
3. the founders are getting their hands dirty and building safeguards in place to keep their key employees happy
4. the microsoft deal is just a validation of how valuable Yahoo! is. Whether the deal go through or not, it’s really not important. Yahoo! is very valuable as a standalone entity or as a part of any other company.
5. users still love love Yahoo! it’s been proven over 13 years, period. People vote with their clicks.