(follow up to part 2 of tech mentorship)
What does a success mentorship look like?
- Both mentor and mentee are getting something out of the experience.
- They meet regularly, or the mentee feels free to reach out when they have issues/questions to work out.
- They hold themselves accountable to each other, if their are action items and follow ups.
- The mentee is learning and growing in the mentorship and/or are introduced to others who are helping them.
What does failure look like?
- Both or either side really does not want to meet anymore, there is no real flow of information, exchange of ideas or value from the meetings.
- Meetings are cancelled regularly by either side.
- There is very little or no followup from action items on either side.
- One or both sides agree there should be a re-match of the mentorship.