Tony Tam is a first generation Chinese American who immigrated to San Francisco at 10. He grew up in the San Francisco public school system benefiting from the ESL program, went to Lowell High School and eventually graduating from UC Berkeley in computer science. He worked as a software engineer for Yahoo for 16 years and now works on helping engineers be more productive and impactful at Splunk. Inc. He has mentored more than 20 engineers in his career and has found a passion outside of work to capture the stories of software engineers in order to help others on his website Impactful Engineer. He and his wife are raising his daughter Cate in the heart of San Francisco.
- Founder of Impactful Engineer – The mission of ImpactfulEngineer.org is to empower engineers to build a lifelong and impactful career in the software industry.
- Founder of San Francisco Badminton Group – community of advanced players playing 2 times a week.
- Engineering Productivity @ Splunk – helping software engineers at Splunk be more effective and more productive.
- Writing – blog posts https://tonytam.org
- Adviser – The Giving Express – https://thegivingexpress.org
- Owner of I Privé restaurant in Burlingame, CA – learning to run a small business and writing about being a restaurant owner
- Amateur barista, latte art enthusiast, see my art pours
Blog Posts By Topic
See the latest blog posts at https://tonytam.org
Professional Software Engineer
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonytamsf
Software engineer at
Silicon Graphics from 1995 to 1999 –
Yahoo! from 1999 to 2016 –
Splunk from 2016 to present.
Resume here https://tonytam.org/resume/
Founder of the original Yahoo vs Google badminton tournament in 2007
( became the Bay Area Corporate Badminton Challenge )
@tonytamsf on LinkedIn
Send paypal donations to https://www.paypal.me/tonytamsf
Schedule time https://calendly.com/tonytam
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent the position or opinions of Splunk Inc., or its affiliates.