.. is when it’s raining outside, my apartment is filled with bright day light at 6:00am. I open up the windows and smell clean air and hear the shops getting ready to open up. I walk 5 minutes to pick up the best pain au chocolate and bring them home to eat with coffee.
So far the most memorable moments/facts in Paris, most of the adventures are in not knowing how to speak the language and trying to get everyday things taken care of.
- I’ve gotten my first hair cut in Paris, trying to tell the lady that I wanted short, layered hair. Cheveux coupes en degrade, court, superposé. It turned out just as good or bad as the ones I get in the states. I won’t take a picture until it grows out -)
- Riding my bike everywhere, I have not taken the metro in 2 weeks. Paris is very friendly to walkers, runner and especially bikes. Bus/Taxi/Bikes get special lanes pretty much everywhere
- At 11:30pm, I could still find lots of places to eat, not necessarily the best, but hey I am in Paris, I could get a capucino and a crou monsieur, I’m happy
- Me trying to speak French to a Chinese waitress while she speaks English to me until I realize that I should speak English after 5 exchanges
- I was in Chinatown and just started speaking Chinese to the vendors. Realizing that Chinese is the common language for me and not English.