I loved this book and will keep and re-read again in a year.
Each chapter is about 10 pages, which fits very nicely with my “read 10 pages of a book” habit in the morning.
It gives a little bit of science with each advice given on how to build long lasting good habits and break bad habits. The cheat sheet is at http://atomichabits.com/cheasheet
Some ideas from the book that I didn’t know about
- Design your environment. Make the cues of good habits obvious and visible.
- Use temptation bundling. Pair an action you want to do with an action you need to do.
- Use the 2 minute rule. Downscale your habits until they can be done in two minutes or less.
- Use reinforcement. Give yourself and immediate reward when you complet you habit
- Never miss twice. When you forget to do a habit, make sure you get back on track immediately.