I’m one of the luckiest guys in the world!
I get to spend a day in Malaysia just to watch the Badminton Super Series in Kuala Lumpur before traveling to Bangalore, India to work remotely for a week.
Off to New Delhi and Agra on the weekend and visited one of the seven wonders of the world — the Taj Mahal.
Some highlights of the trip:
- My flight arrived at 12:40pm in Malysia and went straight to the stadium to watch 7 hours of world class badminton matches.
- While eating in Malysia, I watched a rat scuttle around the dish washing bowl while I was eating my food… really need to just put that out of my mind as I eat :-)
- Taj Mahal is amazing from afar, but not so much when you get close.
- India still has a lot of work to do to get health, garbage and poverty problems solved.
- People working in the IT industry live like kings; they have their own drivers, maids and personal cooks, by paying only 5% of their salary, because so many people are desperate for jobs.
- Train traveling is quite pleasant by paying less than US $5 for a 3-hour journey.
- Better to travel with a companion who is local. Traveling alone at night is a definite no-no.
- Be prepared to stay in some dirty hotels.